Medical grade computers
MEDICAL GRADE COMPUTERS are designed to cater to the unique and specific needs of the healthcare system. They are designed to possess the capability to be customized to accommodate the unique applications required for efficient medical care provision.
Features of medical computers
Medical computers are integrated with inbuilt features that make them ideal for hospital settings’ unique and sensitive requirements. They come with reliable and cutting-edge technology, which is essential for providing seamless services to patients. Here are a few important features of medical computers
• The most important aspect of a medical computer is that they are in use 24/7. Therefore, they must adhere to standards that ensure that the computers are safe for use in the presence of other medical equipment and patient devices. Generally referred to as IEC 60601, these are the Power Supplies Medical Design standards. These standards are also important to ensure that there is no electrical leakage issue in any medical equipment as it can be potentially harmful.
• Modern medical computers are equipped with swap batteries, which facilitate the 24/7 functioning of the computers.
• In order to use them in sterile settings like ICUs, and surgery rooms, it is important that the medical computers be safe for use and do not allow for cross-contamination and spread or growth of bacteria. However, since a computer is in use by multiple individuals, it can become a breeding ground for bacteria and disease. The medical computers are coated with an antimicrobial lining for the prevention of disease spread or the growth of pathogens.
• Furthermore, due to the antimicrobial coating, medical computers are also water-resistant, which allows them to be washed thoroughly with cleaning agents to make them sterile. This also allows the removal of dust to ensure complete system cleansing.
• The computers come with a fanless cooling system so that the computer does not circulate air and hence spread of bacteria can be prevented even more.
The medical-grade computers are highly useful to the healthcare staff in maintaining accurate customer records and files without errors, providing timely and correct diagnosis and prescription, monitoring the patients, remote or otherwise, assisting in surgery rooms and providing remote medical consultations to the patients. They are also useful for administrative and financial record management in hospitals.